You need a records and information management (RIM) program – it’s now a standard – and every information governance and RIM program must have a defensible records retention schedule. The retention schedule must comport with reasonable practices and must be applied routinely and consistently. As the Generally Accepted Recordkeeping Principles® state: “An organization shall maintain its records and information for an appropriate time, taking into account legal, regulatory, fiscal, operational and historical requirements.” This webinar will outline the 5 steps you need to take to develop and implement a retention schedule.
In this webinar you will learn:
- Methods to establish governance.
- How to identify your business requirements.
- The rules and regulations you need to know.
- Methods to Develop Big Bucket retention series.
- How to implement and maintain your retention schedule.