As businesses and organizations increasingly go paperless, the need for secure destruction of paper documents rises. While organizations can take on the task in-house, more and more are turning to certified shredding services to handle the job for them.
Whether they perform document shredding onsite or pick up secure bins and take the documents to a separate location for shredding, shredding services offer organizations a valuable service that saves time, money and ensures compliance.
Why Is Document Shredding Important?
Why is document shredding important?
- Protection against malicious intent. Storing copious amounts of hard copies leaves your business vulnerable to data breaches, identity theft, and even corporate espionage. Digitizing documents and then shredding the hard copies supports business continuity while safeguarding your company’s records and documents against malicious intent.
- It’s the law. Federal and state laws mandate the proper disposal of sensitive documents such as medical and dental records, personal information, employee pay stubs, documents with Social Security numbers, tax forms, and more.
- It’s eco-friendly. Paperless electronic record retention through digitization followed by document shredding is an eco-friendly way for your business to reduce the amount of paper you utilize while eliminating the need to store thousands of documents. What’s more, shredded paper is easier to recycle.
5 Reasons Your Business Needs Shredding Services Today
Even if your organization understands the necessity of document shredding, why not just DIY and take care of the job onsite? Why incur the expense of hiring a mobile shredding company to do the job for you?
- Cost savings. The cost of hiring a professional shredding company saves you the expense of purchasing, maintaining, and repairing your own shredder. Additionally, their industrial shredders can do the job faster, more efficiently, and on-site, which is more cost-effective than paying an employee to do the work. Finally, digitizing and shredding documents frees up space you might otherwise have allocated to storing hard copy records.
- Increased Security. A shredding company can handle sensitive information that you’d prefer your competitors and employees not see, such as co-workers’ salaries, confidential personnel and financial files, health insurance records, business and marketing plans, and more.
- Improved Productivity. Taking employees away from their regular tasks to shred documents in-house reduces their productivity and uses up time that could be spent on higher value tasks. When a mobile document shredding service handles the job for you, your employees can perform tasks that add to your bottom line.
- Certified Compliance. A professional shredding company will certify the destruction of medical or health insurance documents, providing verification of your company’s HIPAA compliance.
- Reduced Liability. If you task an employee with the job of shredding and they are injured in the process, you will be liable for that injury, time lost on the job, and workmen’s compensation.
Why Do Certified Shredding Services Make the Most Sense?
If saving money, ensuring security and compliance, and increasing productivity while eliminating liability are not reason enough for your organization to consider hiring a mobile document shredding service, consider the following:
- Convenient pick up or on-site document destruction. The job gets done quickly by professionals with industrial equipment who perform their tasks on-site at your location or a separate secure location. That’s one less unproductive task for staff to undertake.
Shred in bulk. Industrial shredders can easily shred thousands of documents in bulk in the time it would take your employees to shred a fraction of the number.
- Scheduled rotation of secure consoles and bins. Mobile shredding services pick up secure consoles and bins when they’re full, making sure there’s never a backlog of documents waiting to be destroyed.
- Data chain of custody for document management process. Strict processes allow you to track where and when your documents are destroyed, confirming complete security.
Shredding services help your organization operate at peak efficiency by streamlining your transition from paper to digital records. Why not get started today?
To learn more about Access’ secure shredding service, download our secure shred datasheet or check out additional details here.