About Our Records Management Services in London, ON
Securely store your records near you, and where you're never more than a click away from retrieving critical documents. With Access:
- Organize both physical and electronic documents
- Protect your assets across the entire records lifecycle
- Restrict or grant records access to the right employees and stakeholders
- Maintain full regulatory compliance—no matter your industry
Our records management platform, FileBRIDGE Records gives you complete control and 24/7 access to manage and govern your secure file storage.
Offsite Storage and Document Storage in London, ON
Store physical documents and other media in a highly secure, offsite storage facility near you. Access' records storage facilities are equipped with state-of-the-art security protocols that monitor and protect your records 24/7.
We provide climate-controlled, weather- and fire-protected facilities for both paper and multimedia records. Keep film, video, x-rays, and tape backups from deteriorating due to environmental exposure and handling factors.
And if that's not secure enough: Consider underground storage vaults. These facilities are located hundreds of feet below ground to keep your business-critical records safe.
All Access records centers and vaults are PRISM Privacy+ Certified.
London, ON Digital Conversion and Document Scanning Services
Access helps you consolidate information across locations and departments, reduce redundancies, and improve your ability to find what you need by converting your paper documents to digital files.
High-quality scanning and imaging services can handle digital conversion projects of every size and type. Convert legacy records of any media type to electronic ones, and seamlessly integrate new digital documents into existing information management workflows.
Our document scanning and data capture services ensure consistent classification and indexing—without sacrificing retrievability or security.
Secure Destruction Services and Document Shredding in London, ON
Your data security is worth more than a shredder you get at the store. We provide secure document shredding services and hard drive destruction solutions that keep you safe and maintain all regulatory compliance.
- Shred papers and documents thoroughly
- Destroy electronic media completely
- Clear valuable office space
- Support green initiatives
Access can also help ensure the legal and compliant destruction of media files:
- Total destruction of computer hard drives / CPUs, with details logged
- Data destruction services take place within 3 business days
- Meet NAID certification requirements
- Certificate of destruction provided
Information Governance and Regulatory Compliance
Information Governance is everything having to do with the capture, formation, usage, storage, and deletion of information. It keeps your company, employee, and customer information safe, secure, and compliant.
- Meet and maintain data retention and disposal compliance with relevant laws, policies, and regulations like PIPEDA, FACTA, FERPA, GDPR, CCPA, C-SOX, and GLBA
- Reduce your risk of fraud, theft, or abuse of customer or company confidential information
- Limit or eliminate exposure to significant fines, penalties, and legal liabilities
- Avoid harm to your reputation, trust, and customer loyalty
Learn More About Our Information Management & Governance Solutions
Records Retention and Destruction Regulations in London, Ontario
Archives and Recordkeeping Act, 2006
The Archives and Recordkeeping Act sets the retention schedules and records management rules for a variety of state agencies including:
- Minister's offices
- Government agencies
- State boards
- Public sector commissions and task forces
Most, if not all, governmental agencies fall under its jurisdiction. It determines what records must be kept, how they are to be maintained, and when they are safe to be destroyed.
Read the full Archives & Recordkeeping Act.
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
Alongside the Archives and Recordkeeping Act, the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) designates which official state records must be kept and made available for the general public.
This act details citizen's right of access, how entities may use private personal information trusted to them, which agencies and organizations must comply, and how records must be safely stored to protect end-user privacy.
See the full FIPPA rules and regulations.
Ontario Government Records Retention Schedules
This document contains the specific Ontario retention schedules for a variety of documents types, with:
- Human Resources Management: Employee files, job postings, work hours, and employee payroll. Ranges from 2-10 years after the end of the current calendar year
- Purchasing: Equipment, Supplies and Services. Retain for 7 years after the end of the current calendar year.
- Accommodations and Moveable Assets: Ranges from 7 years for moveable assets to up to 26 years for buildings and real estate.
- Financial Management: Includes budgets, invoices, banking records, and payroll. Retain 7-10 years depending on the specific document type
- Audit Management: Audits, compliance reviews, and projects - retain 6 years after audit completed
- Information Technology Management: Includes email, telecommunications, and systems maintenance logs. Retain 2-8 years depending on the document type.
- General Administration: Includes zoning rules, mailing lists, public inquiries, and internal committees. Retain 2-7 years after end of current calendar year.
See the full details and retention schedules on the Ontario Archives website.