Why is information management important?
Information Management Policies Require the Involvement of the Organization. A consistent set of information governance (IG) policies in support of a retention schedule is crucial to effectively control, protect, and manage your company’s information governance framework. It can also help improve operational efficiency and spend across multiple departments and locations when aligned properly.
Feel daunting? It’s easy to get started with the right people in the room. Ask for representatives from Legal, Records Management, Risk, IT and HR to join you as you start by aligning upon your organization’s risk tolerance. From there, we can access your current maturity, and get to work on a gap analysis so we can create and perfect your information management policy.
More than 33% of companies report that retention, data protection and PII are missing from their information governance policies.
— AIIM Governance and Compliance in 2017 Report
Assessment projects can include:
- Identifying information governance policy issues as they relate to operations and RIM (records and information management) programs
- Assessing the current state of your records program and repositories that are considered high-risk / high-value from a regulatory compliance and/or litigation management standpoint
- Developing a strategic information governance framework to remediate gaps and weaknesses, and improve application and performance
- Developing cost estimates of the remediation and improvement activities
Component evaluation and development may include:
- Policies regarding; privacy, security, email, social media, destruction, and legal holds
- Current process evaluation: highlight the degree to which policies are kept up-to-date for changing laws and operational mandates
- IT systems and controls review
- Workflows and governance processes for ongoing and efficient information management
Information Management services may include:
- Taxonomy development
- Record series and file naming conventions and metadata structure
- Container labeling
- Container packing and indexing
- Unstructured data management
- Enforcement of expiration / defensible destruction of documents
Your Complete Information Management Solution
We specialize in retention policy and schedule creation, and holistic IG support including compliance and data privacy, coupled with years of expertise in traditional records and information management. This allows us to offer a full-service approach to managing the entire information lifecycle.