More About Our Services
New York Information Management Services
Securely store your records near you, and where you're never more than a click away from retrieving critical documents. With Access records management services, your business can:
- Organize both physical and electronic documents
- Protect your assets across the entire records lifecycle
- Restrict or grant access to the right employees and stakeholders
- Maintain full regulatory compliance—no matter your industry
Your information management system needs to work at your speed and on your schedule. Our records management platform, FileBRIDGE Records, gives you complete control and 24/7 access to manage and govern your secure records storage. This easy-to-use online tool empowers you to have your files picked up, delivered, and stored with the click of a button.
- Search and select files across all types of records
- Request file pickup or delivery—including 24/7 access for regular or urgent retrievals, while maintaining chain of custody protocols
- Order new materials like empty boxes, file folders, labels, or media tapes
- Run reports with real-time information on inventory, invoices, and more
Offsite Document and Records Storage Facilities in New York
Store and manage your physical documents and other media in a highly secure, offsite document storage facility near you. Our records storage facilities are equipped with state-of-the-art security protocols that monitor and protect your records 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
In addition to our records storage facilities for paper documents, we also provide climate-controlled, weather- and fire-protected facilities to keep your multimedia records safe. Improperly stored film, video, x-rays, and tape backups can deteriorate from everyday environmental and handling factors. We can help you keep these vital materials off site and safe in conservation-appropriate environments.
And if that's not secure enough for your business, consider our underground storage vaults—climate-controlled, highly secure facilities located hundreds of feet below ground—to store your business-critical documents and records.
All Access records centers and vaults are PRISM Privacy+ Certified.
Document Scanning Services and Digital Conversion Solutions in New York
Proper information management dictates that some physical documents must be stored for years to maintain compliance with state and federal regulations. But most active business documents and legacy records can safely be converted to digital files. This approach can help your company better meet the real-time needs of employees and customers alike.
- Consolidate information across locations and departments
- Reduce redundancies and improve document search and retrieval processes
- Enable secure file sharing wherever and whenever necessary
- Meet complex regulatory obligations
High-quality document scanning and imaging services can handle digital conversion projects of every size and type. Backfile imaging converts legacy paper documents, microfilm, or microfiche records and media files into a uniform electronic format. Day-forward scanning converts documents to electronic form and integrates them with your existing digital records and business process workflows.
Our data capture and document scanning services ensure consistent classification and indexing without sacrificing retrievability or security. And online document management software makes it fast and easy to find information when it's needed—anytime and anywhere.
New York Shredding Services and Secure Destruction
Your data security is worth more than a shredder you get at the store. Your company's sensitive data, employees' private information, and customer records demand a certified, secure destruction and paper shredding service. That's why we provide document shredding and hard drive destruction solutions that keep you safe and maintain all regulatory compliance.
Our secure New York shredding services go beyond paper shredding:
- Shred documents thoroughly
- Destroy electronic media completely
- Clear valuable office space
- Align with your retention policies
- Support green initiatives
Ensure the legal and compliant destruction of your media files by partnering with a vendor you can trust.
- Total destruction of computer hard drives / CPUs
- Computer hard drive destruction and CPU destruction details logged
- All HD/CPU destruction services take place within 3 business days of receipt
- All hard drive destruction processes meet NAID certification requirements
- Certificate of destruction or work order receipt provided
We offer witnessed document shredding and destruction services for customers looking for additional proof of protection.
Information Governance and Regulatory Compliance
Records managers face increasingly complex information security policies for both digital documents and paper records. This applies to information throughout your organization stored onsite, offsite, or in the cloud.
Information Governance (IG) is everything having to do with the capture, formation, usage, storage, and deletion of information. Proper information governance keeps your company, employee, and customer information safe, secure, and compliant. With Access information governance services, you can:
- Meet and maintain data retention and disposal compliance with relevant laws, policies, and regulations
- Reduce your risk of fraud, theft, or abuse of customer or company confidential information
- Limit or eliminate exposure to significant fines, penalties, and legal liabilities
- Avoid harm to your reputation, trust, and customer loyalty
Partner with us to fine-tune your internal records and information governance policies. Then, ensure your regulatory compliance with laws and policies relevant to your business, such as HIPAA, FACTA, FERPA, GDPR, CCPA, SOX, and GLBA.
New York Records Retention and Destruction Regulations
Accounts payable: 7 years
Accounts receivable: 7 years
Audit reports: Permanent
Chart of accounts: Permanent
Depreciation schedules: Permanent
Expense records: 7 years
Financial statements (annual): Permanent
Fixed asset purchases: Permanent
General correspondence: 3 years
General ledgers and related books: Permanent
Inventory records: 7 years (: Permanent for LIFO System)
Investment trade confirmations: Permanent
Loan payment schedules: 7 years
Purchase orders (1 copy): 7 years
Sales records: 7 years
Tax returns and related tax examination reports: Permanent
Bank statements and reconciliations: 7 years
Canceled or substitute checks: 7 years (: Permanent for real estate purchases and tax payments)
Electronic payment records: 7 years
Business licenses: Permanent
Contracts - major: Permanent
Contracts - minor: Life + 4 Years
Formation / incorporation documents: Permanent
Insurance policies: Life + 3 years (Check with your agent. Liability for prior years can vary)
Shareholder records and stock transactions: Permanent
Shareholder/partner agreements: Permanent
Tax elections: Permanent
Accident reports and claims: 7 years
Benefit plans: Permanent
Employee files (ex-employees): 7 years
Employment applications: 3 years
Employment taxes: 7 years
Payroll records: 7 years
Pension/profit sharing plans: Permanent
Real Property Records
Construction records: Permanent
Leasehold improvements: Permanent
Lease payment records: Life + 4 years
Real estate purchases: Permanent
New York Legal Document Retention
The New York County Lawyers' Association (NYCLA) Record Retention Policy provides a schedule for business record retention, a policy concerning the disposal of documents no longer governed by NYCLA's record retention guidelines, and procedures for NYCLA's staff to follow to obtain additional information about these policies.
Read the full policy on legal document retention in New York.
Local Government Records Management Guidelines
Many local government agencies also have their own specified records retention schedules. See the full records management and retention schedules used by all local New York government agencies here: New York local records management schedules.