9101 Owens Drive, Manassas Park, VA 20111703.368.8180
Manassas Park 2
8485 Euclid Avenue, Manassas Park, VA 20111978.854.6230
About Our Services
About Our Charlottesville, VA Records Management Services
Securely store your records near you, and where you're never more than a click away from retrieving critical documents. With Access records management services, your business can:
- Organize both physical and electronic documents
- Protect your assets across the entire records lifecycle
- Restrict or grant access to the right employees and stakeholders
- Maintain full regulatory compliance—no matter your industry
Your information management system needs to work at your speed and on your schedule. Access' records management platform, FileBRIDGE Records, gives you complete control and 24/7 access to manage and govern your secure file storage. This easy-to-use online tool empowers you to have your records picked up, delivered, and stored with the click of a button.
- Search and select files across all types of records
- Request file pickup or delivery—including 24/7 access for regular or urgent retrievals, while maintaining chain of custody protocols
- Order new materials like empty boxes, file folders, labels, or media tapes
- Run reports with real-time information on inventory, invoices, and more
Offsite Storage and Document Storage in Charlottesville, VA
Access lets you store and manage your physical documents and other media in a highly secure, offsite storage facility near you. Our records storage facilities are equipped with state-of-the-art security protocols that monitor and protect your records 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
In addition to our storage solutions for paper documents, we also provide climate-controlled, weather- and fire-protected facilities to keep your multimedia records safe. Improperly stored film, video, x-rays, and tape backups can deteriorate from everyday environmental and handling factors. We can help you keep these vital materials off site and safe in conservation-appropriate environments.
And if that's not secure enough for your business, consider our underground storage vaults—climate-controlled, highly secure facilities located hundreds of feet below ground—to store your business-critical documents and records.
All Access records centers and vaults are PRISM Privacy+ Certified.
Charlottesville, VA Digital Conversion and Document Scanning Services
Proper information management dictates that some physical documents must be stored for years to maintain compliance with state and federal regulations. But most active business documents and legacy records can safely be converted to digital files. This approach can help your company better meet the real-time needs of employees and customers alike.
Access’ document scanning services can help:
- Consolidate information across locations and departments
- Reduce redundancies and improve document search and retrieval processes
- Enable secure file sharing wherever and whenever necessary
- Meet complex regulatory obligations
High-quality scanning and imaging services can handle digital conversion projects of every size and type. Backfile imaging converts legacy paper documents, microfilm, or microfiche records and media files into a uniform electronic format. Day-forward scanning converts documents to electronic form and integrates them with your existing digital records and business process workflows.
Our document scanning and data capture services ensure consistent classification and indexing without sacrificing retrievability or security. And online document management software makes it fast and easy to find information when it's needed—anytime and anywhere.
Secure Destruction and Records Shredding Services in Charlottesville, VA
Your data security is worth more than a shredder you get at the store. Your company's sensitive data, employees' private information, and customer records demand a certified, secure destruction and paper shredding service. That's why Access provides document shredding and hard drive destruction solutions that keep you safe and maintain all regulatory compliance.
Our secure shredding services go beyond paper shredding:
- Shred documents thoroughly
- Destroy electronic media completely
- Clear valuable office space
- Align with your retention policies
- Support green initiatives
Ensure the legal and compliant destruction of your media files by partnering with a vendor you can trust.
- Total destruction of computer hard drives / CPUs
- Computer hard drive destruction and CPU destruction details logged
- All HD/CPU destruction services take place within 3 business days of receipt
- All hard drive destruction processes meet NAID certification requirements
- Certificate of destruction or work order receipt provided
We offer witnessed shredding and destruction services for customers looking for additional proof of protection.
Information Governance and Regulatory Compliance
Records managers face increasingly complex information security policies for both digital documents and paper records. This applies to information throughout your organization stored onsite, offsite, or in the cloud.
Information Governance (IG) is everything having to do with the capture, formation, usage, storage, and deletion of information. Proper information governance keeps your company, employee, and customer information safe, secure, and compliant. With Access information governance services, you can:
- Meet and maintain data retention and disposal compliance with relevant laws, policies, and regulations
- Reduce your risk of fraud, theft, or abuse of customer or company confidential information
- Limit or eliminate exposure to significant fines, penalties, and legal liabilities
- Avoid harm to your reputation, trust, and customer loyalty
Partner with us to fine-tune your internal records and information governance policies. Then, ensure your regulatory compliance with laws and policies relevant to your business, such as HIPAA, FACTA, FERPA, GDPR, CCPA, SOX, and GLBA.
Learn More About Our Information Management & Governance Solutions
Records Retention and Destruction Regulations in Charlottesville, Virginia
Local Government Records Retention
Under Code of Virginia § 42.1-85, the Library of Virginia (LVA) has the authority to issue regulations governing the retention and disposition of state and local public records. In keeping with the Code's mandate, LVA has developed records retention and disposition schedules outlining the disposition of public records.
Under this policy, the LVA issues two types of schedules. General schedules apply to the records of common functions performed by or for all localities and state agencies. Specific schedules apply to records that are unique to an individual state agency.
View thefull retention schedules.
Whether you prepare your own books or use an outside consultant, retaining your accounting systems records for the correct timeframe can be key when doing an internal audit or during an IRS-mandated audit. Here are accounting-specific retention schedules in Virginia:
- Permanent Records — Balance sheets; financial statements; check register; cash disbursement and receipt record; income tax returns; payroll tax returns; sales tax returns; profit and loss statements; journal entries; general ledger; and investment — sales/purchases.
- Seven years — Accounts payable; accounts receivables; bank statements and reconciliation; vendor invoices; petty cash records; purchase orders; expense reports; and charge and cash sales slips.
- Four years — FICA/income tax withholdings.
- Three years — Bank deposit slips and budgets.
Corporate records and fixed assets
All corporate records must be retained permanently, excluding internal audit records (six-year retention), contributions (seven-year retention) and accounting correspondences (five-year retention). Also, all fixed asset records, such as your business's property register, depreciation schedules, property appraisals, and plans and blueprints, must be retained permanently.
Human resources and payroll
Here are the pertinent retention schedules for all human resource and payroll records in Fairfax county:
- Permanent records — Retirement plans agreements and employee W-2 forms.
- 10 years — Worker's compensation benefits; employee withholding exemption certificates; and payroll records.
- Seven years — Attendance records; medical benefits; performance records; personnel files; payroll checks; and time reports.
- Five years — Safety reports; garnishments; and life insurance benefits.
- Three years — Family and medical leave; and contractors (from date of contract completion).