About Our Services
About Our Records Management Services in Colonial Heights, VA
Securely store your records near you, and where you're never more than a click away from retrieving critical documents. With Access:
- Organize both physical and electronic documents
- Protect your assets across the entire records lifecycle
- Restrict or grant records access to the right employees and stakeholders
- Maintain full regulatory compliance—no matter your industry
Our records management platform, FileBRIDGE Records gives you complete control and 24/7 access to manage and govern your secure file storage.
Offsite Storage and Document Storage in Colonial Heights, VA
Store physical documents and other media in a highly secure, offsite storage facility near you. Access' records storage facilities are equipped with state-of-the-art security protocols that monitor and protect your records 24/7.
We provide climate-controlled, weather- and fire-protected facilities for both paper and multimedia records. Keep film, video, x-rays, and tape backups from deteriorating due to environmental exposure and handling factors.
And if that's not secure enough: Consider underground storage vaults. These facilities are located hundreds of feet below ground to keep your business-critical records safe.
All Access records centers and vaults are PRISM Privacy+ Certified.
Colonial Heights, VA Digital Conversion and Document Scanning Services
Access helps you consolidate information across locations and departments, reduce redundancies, and improve your ability to find what you need by converting your paper documents to digital files.
High-quality scanning and imaging services can handle digital conversion projects of every size and type. Convert legacy records of any media type to electronic ones, and seamlessly integrate new digital documents into existing information management workflows.
Our document scanning and data capture services ensure consistent classification and indexing—without sacrificing retrievability or security.
Secure Destruction Services and Document Shredding in Colonial Heights, VA
Your data security is worth more than a shredder you get at the store. We provide secure document shredding services and hard drive destruction solutions that keep you safe and maintain all regulatory compliance.
- Shred papers and documents thoroughly
- Destroy electronic media completely
- Clear valuable office space
- Support green initiatives
Access can also help ensure the legal and compliant destruction of media files:
- Total destruction of computer hard drives / CPUs, with details logged
- Data destruction services take place within 3 business days
- Meet NAID certification requirements
- Certificate of destruction provided
Information Governance and Regulatory Compliance
Information Governance is everything having to do with the capture, formation, usage, storage, and deletion of information. It keeps your company, employee, and customer information safe, secure, and compliant.
- Meet and maintain data retention and disposal compliance with relevant laws, policies, and regulations like HIPAA, FACTA, FERPA, GDPR, CCPA, SOX, and GLBA
- Reduce your risk of fraud, theft, or abuse of customer or company confidential information
- Limit or eliminate exposure to significant fines, penalties, and legal liabilities
- Avoid harm to your reputation, trust, and customer loyalty
Records Retention and Destruction Regulations in Colonial Heights, VA
Local Government Records Retention
Under Code of Virginia § 42.1-85, the Library of Virginia (LVA) has the authority to issue regulations governing the retention and disposition of state and local public records. In keeping with the Code's mandate, LVA has developed records retention and disposition schedules outlining the disposition of public records.
Under this policy, the LVA issues two types of schedules. General schedules apply to the records of common functions performed by or for all localities and state agencies. Specific schedules apply to records that are unique to an individual state agency.
View thefull retention schedules.
Whether you prepare your own books or use an outside consultant, retaining your accounting systems records for the correct timeframe can be key when doing an internal audit or during an IRS-mandated audit. Here are accounting-specific retention schedules in Virginia:
- Permanent Records — Balance sheets; financial statements; check register; cash disbursement and receipt record; income tax returns; payroll tax returns; sales tax returns; profit and loss statements; journal entries; general ledger; and investment — sales/purchases.
- Seven years — Accounts payable; accounts receivables; bank statements and reconciliation; vendor invoices; petty cash records; purchase orders; expense reports; and charge and cash sales slips.
- Four years — FICA/income tax withholdings.
- Three years — Bank deposit slips and budgets.
Corporate records and fixed assets
All corporate records must be retained permanently, excluding internal audit records (six-year retention), contributions (seven-year retention) and accounting correspondences (five-year retention). Also, all fixed asset records, such as your business's property register, depreciation schedules, property appraisals, and plans and blueprints, must be retained permanently.
Human resources and payroll
Here are the pertinent retention schedules for all human resource and payroll records in Fairfax county:
- Permanent records — Retirement plans agreements and employee W-2 forms.
- 10 years — Worker's compensation benefits; employee withholding exemption certificates; and payroll records.
- Seven years — Attendance records; medical benefits; performance records; personnel files; payroll checks; and time reports.
- Five years — Safety reports; garnishments; and life insurance benefits.
- Three years — Family and medical leave; and contractors (from date of contract completion).