More About Our Services
Digital Conversion and Document Scanning Services in Richmond, VA
Proper information management dictates that some physical documents must be stored for years to maintain compliance with state and federal regulations. But most active business documents and legacy records can safely be converted to digital files through document scanning solutions. This approach can help your company better meet the real-time needs of employees and customers alike.
Access’ document scanning services can help:
- Consolidate information across locations and departments
- Reduce redundancies and improve document search and retrieval processes
- Enable secure file sharing wherever and whenever necessary
- Meet complex regulatory obligations
High-quality document scanning and imaging services can handle digital conversion projects of every size and type. Backfile imaging converts legacy paper documents, microfilm, or microfiche records and media files into a uniform electronic format. Day-forward document scanning converts files to electronic form and integrates them with your existing digital records and business process workflows.
Our document scanning and data capture services ensure consistent classification and indexing without sacrificing retrievability or security. And online document management software makes it fast and easy to find information when it's needed—anytime and anywhere.Learn More About Our Scanning and Imaging Solutions
About Our Richmond, VA Integrated Information Management Services
Combine the paper and digital management of your records, documents, and data with the Access Unify suite of technology-powered services. Access Unify allows you to streamline your information management across your organization with leading-edge technology, all with a predictable flat-rate fee.
Access Unify | Active File Service
Evolve the physical and digital management of your records with Active File Service. With industry-leading turnaround times on requested digital file delivery, you can digitally scan the files you need when you need them. Store your actively used paper files in one of our secure storage facilities and receive a digital copy in under 4 hours. The best part: you pay a predictable monthly subscription for the service.
Complete the digitization of your organization’s records and documents at your speed and within budget with Active File Service.
Access Unify | Secure Compliance
Is your organization inundated with legacy record systems and applications that must be retained for compliance? With Access Unify | Secure Compliance, you can retire these expensive legacy systems while automating compliance and record retention requirements. Access will centralize and protect these legacy files, while providing access to legacy records and automatically applying relevant compliance and disposition rules.
Extract and manage the content of your organization’s retired legacy records programs while automating compliance requirements with Access Unify | Secure Compliance.
The Access Unify suite of leading-edge capabilities doesn’t end there. Digitize your mailroom, saving time and valuable office space, with Access Unify | Digital Mailroom. Automate your document classification and indexing with AI Auto-Classification and AI File Indexing.
Future-proof your information management programs with Access Unify's full suite of tech-enabled solutions.Learn More About Access Unify
About Our Richmond Records Management Services
Securely store your records near you, and where you're never more than a click away from retrieving critical documents.
With Access records management services, your business can:
- Organize both physical and electronic documents
- Protect your assets across the entire records lifecycle
- Restrict or grant access to the right employees and stakeholders
- Maintain full regulatory compliance—no matter your industry
- Request file pickup or delivery—including 24/7 access for regular or urgent retrievals, while maintaining chain of custody protocols
- Run reports with real-time information on inventory, invoices, and more
Your information management system needs to work at your speed and on your schedule. Access' records management services give you complete control and 24/7 access to manage and govern your secure file storage.Learn More About Our Records Management Solutions
Offsite Storage and Document Storage in Richmond, VA
Access lets you store and manage your physical documents and other media in a highly secure, offsite storage facility near you. Our records storage facilities are equipped with state-of-the-art security protocols that monitor and protect your records 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
In addition to our storage solutions for paper documents, we also provide climate-controlled, weather- and fire-protected facilities to keep your multimedia records safe. Improperly stored film, video, x-rays, and tape backups can deteriorate from everyday environmental and handling factors. We can help you keep these vital materials off site and safe in conservation-appropriate environments.
And if that's not secure enough for your business, consider our underground storage vaults—climate-controlled, highly secure facilities located hundreds of feet below ground—to store your business-critical documents and records.
All Access records centers and vaults are PRISM Privacy+ Certified.
Information Governance and Regulatory Compliance
Records managers face increasingly complex information security policies for both digital documents and paper records. This applies to information throughout your organization stored onsite, offsite, or in the cloud.
Information Governance (IG) is everything having to do with the capture, formation, usage, storage, and deletion of information. Proper information governance keeps your company, employee, and customer information safe, secure, and compliant.
With Access information governance services, you can:
- Meet and maintain data retention and disposal compliance with relevant laws, policies, and regulations
- Reduce your risk of fraud, theft, or abuse of customer or company confidential information
- Limit or eliminate exposure to significant fines, penalties, and legal liabilities
- Avoid harm to your reputation, trust, and customer loyalty
Partner with us to fine-tune your internal records and information governance policies. Then, ensure your regulatory compliance with laws and policies relevant to your business, such as HIPAA, FACTA, FERPA, GDPR, CCPA, SOX, and GLBA.Learn More About Our Information Management & Governance Solutions
Records Retention and Destruction Regulations in Richmond, Virginia
Local Government Records Retention
Under Code of Virginia § 42.1-85, the Library of Virginia (LVA) has the authority to issue regulations governing the retention and disposition of state and local public records. In keeping with the Code's mandate, LVA has developed records retention and disposition schedules outlining the disposition of public records.
Under this policy, the LVA issues two types of schedules. General schedules apply to the records of common functions performed by or for all localities and state agencies. Specific schedules apply to records that are unique to an individual state agency.
View thefull retention schedules.
Whether you prepare your own books or use an outside consultant, retaining your accounting systems records for the correct timeframe can be key when doing an internal audit or during an IRS-mandated audit. Here are accounting-specific retention schedules in Virginia:
- Permanent Records — Balance sheets; financial statements; check register; cash disbursement and receipt record; income tax returns; payroll tax returns; sales tax returns; profit and loss statements; journal entries; general ledger; and investment — sales/purchases.
- Seven years — Accounts payable; accounts receivables; bank statements and reconciliation; vendor invoices; petty cash records; purchase orders; expense reports; and charge and cash sales slips.
- Four years — FICA/income tax withholdings.
- Three years — Bank deposit slips and budgets.
Corporate records and fixed assets
All corporate records must be retained permanently, excluding internal audit records (six-year retention), contributions (seven-year retention) and accounting correspondences (five-year retention). Also, all fixed asset records, such as your business's property register, depreciation schedules, property appraisals, and plans and blueprints, must be retained permanently.
Human resources and payroll
Here are the pertinent retention schedules for all human resource and payroll records in Fairfax county:
- Permanent records — Retirement plans agreements and employee W-2 forms.
- 10 years — Worker's compensation benefits; employee withholding exemption certificates; and payroll records.
- Seven years — Attendance records; medical benefits; performance records; personnel files; payroll checks; and time reports.
- Five years — Safety reports; garnishments; and life insurance benefits.
- Three years — Family and medical leave; and contractors (from date of contract completion).